Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2375
      Replies: 103

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand has wondered why Mohamed Salah has been so disrespected this season.

The former Red Devil defended Salah, who has been on the receiving end of criticism for his recent performances.

Before Liverpool’s 4-2 defeat of Tottenham Hotspur last weekend, the Egyptian forward had only netted twice in eight Premier League games.

He scored both goals from the penalty spot and was also involved in an altercation with Reds’ boss, Jurgen Klopp during their 2-2 draw with West Ham United

Ferdinand said the forward is not being respected enough despite his exploits for Liverpool this season.

He said on Vibe with Five, “Can I just say something about Mo Salah? I think he’s been disrespected, I’ve seen a lot of comments about him, I’ve seen people talking about him, caning him.

“But I don’t think there’s a debate that Mo Salah’s been world-class for a number of years.

“Maybe this season he’s tailed off, but I think in his pomp years at Liverpool, absolutely world-class.

“Real Madrid only won that Champions League final because he came off injured. Up until he came off injured, Liverpool were the team on the front foot. As soon as he came off the pitch, everything changed.

“His numbers are flipping off the charts, I don’t understand it. It’s unbelievable, Mo Salah has been so disrespected.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.