• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Yomi.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2346
      Replies: 103

Former Manchester United captain, Gary Neville, has said Arsenal will struggle against Bayern Munich in their Champions League quarter-final tie.

According to Neville, their lack of European experience could be a problem.

The Gunners will host Bayern at the Emirates on Tuesday evening.

Arsenal is top of the Premier League going into the game while the Bavarians are 16 points behind Bayer Leverkusen in the Bundesliga and have lost back-to-back games against Dortmund and Heidenheim.

Bayern will also have no travelling supporters at the Emirates.

But Neville said on his podcast: “I hope Arsenal beat Bayern Munich, of course I do, but I actually think Arsenal will struggle against Bayern Munich.

“I know Bayern Munich at this moment in time are having a torrid time in the Bundesliga, but I just feel like Arsenal will struggle against the might, the history, going to the Allianz Arena in the second leg.

“That may just be too much for them, from a point of view of sometimes there’s a learning that has to occur in the Champions League.

“I think Arsenal may experience that in the next couple of weeks, whether that’s good for them or bad for them we don’t know yet.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.