• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Yomi.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2346
      Replies: 103

Former Germany international, Dietmar Hamann, has called on Bayern Munich to sack manager Thomas Tuchel before they play Arsenal in the Champions League.

Bayern were defeated 2-0 by Borussia Dortmund last weekend, a result that saw them fall 13 points behind Bundesliga leaders Bayer Leverkusen.

After the game, Tuchel admitted that the title race is over, with seven fixtures left.

Tuchel is set to leave Bayern at the end of this season, but Hamann has called for the change to be made early.

“As a club, you now have to make a decision about what is best for the club,” Hamann told Sky90.

“It’s not about Thomas Tuchel or Max Eberl, Harry Kane or Joshua Kimmich, it’s about Bayern Munich.

“You are among the eight best teams in Europe and if Bayern play what they can, they have a very good chance of progressing against Arsenal.

“This [Arsenal] is a good team, but still very inexperienced at this level. And in my opinion you now have to make a decision as to whether this is the best possible setup to progress against Arsenal.

“For me, the management has to ask itself the question of whether it will now go into the final spurt of the league and the Champions League with Thomas Tuchel in the next few weeks.

“You now have to seriously think about getting a new trainer for the last few weeks. There are many on the market. I think of a Mourinho. You can think whatever you want about Mourinho, but at Chelsea the players loved him. He’s an outstanding man from a professional perspective.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.