Home Forums Sport Trivia Swedish footballer sent off for farting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Sweden daily Aftonbladet have printed a crazy story from the seventh tier of football in the country.

The match in question involved Järna SK’s B-team and Pershagen SK. In the final moments of the match, Pershagen SK’s Adam Lindin Ljungkvist, was sent off for receiving a bizarre second yellow card.

According to Ljungkvist, he was sent off for farting. Ljungkvist spoke to Aftonbladet about his dismissal: “It was a strange decision, I can hardly believe it myself. I had a bad stomach and in the last minute (of the match) I farted. Then the referee came over and gave me a yellow card, then a red card.

“It was my second warning, although I completely forgot about the first (warning). I was a little angry at the ref, I could not quite believe what had happened.

“All I can assume is that the ref thought I was farting on an opponent. But to provoke anyone with a fart is not particularly smart or normal. I farted and I got the red card. The ref said it was unsportsmanlike behaviour.”

Source: Aftonbladet

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.