• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2352
      Replies: 103

Roy Keane labelled his fellow pundits ‘babies’ after Manchester United’s win over Coventry City in the FA Cup.

On Sunday, United survived a huge scare at Wembley as they beat Championship side Coventry to reach the FA Cup final.

Erik ten Hag’s men raced to a 3-0 lead thanks to goals by Scott McTominay, Harry Maguire and Bruno Fernandes.

Ellis Simms gave Coventry hope in the 71st minute as he netted to make it 3-1.

Eight minutes later, Callum O’Hare brought the tie back to life as his deflected shot looped over Andre Onana. With seconds remaining, Coventry were given a penalty after Aaron Wan-Bissaka was adjudged to have handled inside the box. Haji Wright then scored to level proceedings.

In the end, United sneaked through via a tense penalty shootout.

After the match, ex-United captain Keane branded fellow pundits Karen Carney and Ian Wright as babies for winding him up.

Kean said to the pair: “You were cheering for Coventry, I’ve never seen you cheer so much!”

As Wright and presenter Mark Pougatch burst into laughter, Carney said: “I just wanted a good game, I was trying to wind you up.”

To which Keane replied: “I’ve never seen somebody so happy in my life. Children… babies!”

Speaking about United’s performance, Keane did not hold back as he said his former team looked like the Championship side compared to their opponents.

The Irishman said: “Whenever I see this United team I don’t like what I see. Talk about leadership and characters, I don’t see that in this United team. My goodness, they rode their luck today.

“We’re having the same conversation every week with Man United, you don’t know what you’re going to get.”

Keane continued: “You always say you need a bit of luck. Maguire said they showed good character, I don’t see character in this group of players. I’m looking at the goalkeeper, wasting time. Just get on with the game. Show some courage.

“In extra time Coventry looked like a Premier League team and Manchester United looked like a Championship side.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.