• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Yomi.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2352
      Replies: 103

In the last couple of weeks, Novak Djokovic’s father Srdjan has been a guest at many Serbian TV stations, speaking about his son, the upcoming Serbia Open and his main rivals. Praising his son, Srdjan believes that Novak will win at least three Major titles by the end of 2022 and pass Roger Federer, stating that Novak is already a more accomplished player than Federer and Nadal.

Djokovic claimed his 18th Major title at the Australian Open, overcoming seven rivals and an injury to secure the ninth Melbourne Park trophy and write history books again. Novak suffered an abdomen injury in the third round against Taylor Fritz, losing sets three and four before sealing the deal in the decider to avoid an early exit.

Srdjan Djokovic blasted Roger Federer once again.

Unable to train in the next couple of days, Djokovic scored tight victories over Milos Raonic and Alexander Zverev to reach the semis, feeling better and beating Aslan Karatsev and Daniil Medvedev in straight sets to defend the title and move closer to Federer and Nadal in the GOAT race.

In March, Novak passed Roger Federer as the player with most weeks on the ATP throne, earning another impressive record that stands in the top-tier of his achievements. Srdjan Djokovic has no doubt that his son will finish his career as the greatest player in history, despite unfair treatment from the Western world ever since Novak became one of the best players and danger for Roger and Rafa.

Like many times before, Srdjan couldn’t skip mentioning Federer, calling the Swiss a great player but a bad person after everything he said about Novak in the past 15 years. “It seems to me that the Western world is twisted; they attack Novak so much and say so many disgusting things about him that it’s just unbelievable.

The foreign media do not have the best opinion of us, and that we are constantly bothering them. To tell you the truth, I don’t want to be part of their world either. Fifteen years ago, Roger attacked my son while he was still a teenager.

Roger knew that someone was coming who would be better than him. I said he was a grand champion, the best at that time, but he is not a good person,” Srdjan Djokovic said.

Source: Tennisworldusa

Attachments:
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.