Home Forums Sport Trivia Nico Rosberg confirms shock retirement from F1 after winning world championship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

ico Rosberg, the 2016 Formula One world champion, has announced his shock retirement from the sport – only five days after securing the title.

The Mercedes driver said he had “climbed a mountain” and reached a peak that leaves him “1,000% sure” he must finish his racing career.

Rosberg paid tribute to his wife Vivian and his daughter Alaïa for the sacrifices he has made, adding he is looking forward to “being a husband and dad for a while”.
      “Since 25 years in racing, it has been my dream, my ‘one thing’ to become Formula One World Champion.

“Through the hard work, the pain, the sacrifices, this has been my target.And now I’ve made it. I have climbed my mountain, I am on the peak, so this feels right.

“My strongest emotion right now is deep gratitude to everybody who supported me to make that dream happen.”#

His boss, Mercedes chief Toto Wolff, said that keeping the news secret had been difficult, but that he admired the 31-year-old's decision.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.