Home Forums English Premier League Arsenal Fans Merson reveals deserving EPL season’s best player over Man City’s Phil Foden

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster

Arsenal legend, Paul Merson argued that Declan Rice should have been named Premier League Player of the Season instead of Manchester City’s Phil Foden.

Foden had a stellar 2023/24 season with City, scoring 19 goals and providing eight assists, helping his team secure the league title.

However, Merson believes that Rice, who joined Arsenal for £105 million last summer, had a more transformative impact.

Speaking to Sky Sports (via Arsenal Insider), Merson said, “Declan Rice has taken Arsenal to another level. I think Phil Foden has not taken Manchester City to another level. I think he has been outstanding but Declan Rice has taken the Gunners to another level.

“He’s just nearly got them to where Manchester City are. I think he has been consistent the whole season. I mean Phil Foden has been outstanding. But, I am just thinking outside the box, just what I see.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.