Home Forums Spanish La Liga Real Madrid Fans Lineker: This Is Why Bale Will Always Be In The Shadow Of Ronaldo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Former England international Gary Lineker has stated why Gareth Bale will always play second fiddle to Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Welshman has had to be content himself playing in Ronaldo's shadow ever since joining Madrid from Tottenham in 2013, but Lineker is confident 26-year-old can become Real Madrid's main man once Cristiano Ronaldo is out of the picture.

“Bale's a wonderful talent. He's a great player, he's unbelievably talented,” Lineker told AS. “He's always going to be in the shadow of Ronaldo while he’s there, because all players are. But he could be the player that steps up once Ronaldo’s powers begin to wane.

“I think he's amazing with Wales because he is the main man there and I think he revels in that, he enjoys it. He can't quite be that yet at Real Madrid because they've got a global superstar there who is pretty demanding and who will always be the key man.

“If Cristiano got injured for a spell of time it wouldn't surprise me at all if Gareth stepped up to be the star player. I think he's got that ability within him. It's just whether he's got the personal inner belief in his own ability. And I think he has.

“He’s more than capable of doing that. He’s a wonderfully talented player.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

True that.
      Especially with a player like MEnaldo.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Read a stat somewhere on Ronaldo making just one assist in quite a large number of games while Bale made 9 in same number of games.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.