• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2346
      Replies: 103

As speculation swirls around the future of Manchester United manager, Erik ten Hag, club legend, Gary Neville issued a warning to the Red Devils, identifying three potential managerial replacements he deems as ill-suited for the Old Trafford hot seat.

With the season’s conclusion looming, the pressure mounts on Ten Hag to persuade the United hierarchy to retain him amid a campaign marred by disappointment.

Despite an auspicious start, which saw a third-place finish and a League Cup triumph, United have faltered this season, languishing outside the Premier League’s top four and suffering an early Champions League exit.

Amidst murmurs of change, including considerations from minority shareholder Sir Jim Ratcliffe, names like Gareth Southgate, Graham Potter, and Gary O’Neil have surfaced in connection with the managerial role at Manchester United.

However, Neville has voiced reservations regarding the candidates, expressing a preference for Ten Hag’s continuity and track record.

“I would like to see him stay in the sense that I am not quite sure at the moment who else is out there,” Neville said on The Overlap.

“If Jurgen Klopp was on the market or you could get a world-class manager in, it might be different but when you look at the options, we could end up with someone who is not as good as Erik ten Hag and has not got his pedigree.

“Ten Hag also has two years’ of experience at Old Trafford now. The fact he’s had that good first season and then a difficult one means he should be better for it.

“So for me, I don’t like the idea of him leaving and United bringing in the kind of names that have been suggested. That doesn’t feel right. I would rather stick with Erik ten Hag and believe in him.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.