Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2374
      Replies: 103

El-Gouna head coach and Al Ahly legend Reda Shehata, claims that the Reds would perform much better under his leadership than with Pitso Mosimane.

Mosimane has been very successful since joining Al Ahly, helping them win the treble by lifting the Egyptian Premier League, Egypt Cup and the CAF Champions League.

He also finished third in the Club World Cup after beating Copa Libertadores champions Palmeiras.

The South African, therefore, earned the respect of many in the Egyptian footballing scene but keeps being criticized for his side’s average displays.

Even though the team’s performances have improved in recent weeks, Reda Shehata believes that the Reds player have more potential.

“If I was the Al Ahly coach at the moment, the team would perform better than with Mosimane, they have more than one player in each position,” the former Al Ahly man told OnTime Sport.

“The drop in form is the responsibility of the coach.

“Walter Bwalya is a high calibre striker with enormous potential, but the pressures negatively affect anyone. Being an Al Ahly player comes with another type of pressure, that only a great player can bear.

“Bwalya’s issues is how he started with Al Ahly. He should have participated gradually with the team, but instead, he suddenly participated for 90 minutes and demanded to score one or two goals.

“If I were to choose a duo from Al Ahly to get on a loan, I would choose Akram Tawfik because he is developing well and I like this type of players and Ahmed Ramadan Beckham. This duo suits my style of play the most,” he concluded.

Source: Kingfut

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.