Home Forums Spanish La Liga Real Madrid Fans Cristiano Ronaldo comes under fire after starring in Israeli advert

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo as come under attack after appearing in a telecommunications advert in Israel.

The Portuguese has never been one to shy away from the camera, having already appeared in numerous adverts as well as a documentary.

Ronaldo came under fire on social media from Palestinian and pro-Palestinian activists, with many expressing their distaste at the footballer’s association with Israel.

One Twitter user going by the name @YassaOza said “Tel-Aviv belongs to Palestine” while another user, @iNasserHazza, simply tweeted “Shame on you.”

Other users were more damning. Twitter user @OussamaFerrah said “You just lost millions of Muslim [and] Arab fans all over the world and I was never a fan, but I used to respect you, so you lost that to.”

Twitter user @HichemLaarif also could not hide his disappointment, tweeting Ronaldo: “How am I supposed to support my only and best hero ever… while he is supporting killers. Sorry Criss [Ronaldo] but this is just wrong.”

It is the third time Ronaldo has appeared in an advert for the Israeli company.

In my new commercial I'm in the central square of Tel-Aviv. Get ready neshamot it's gonna be HOT!https://t.co/9tVr2s37eC
      — Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) May 16, 2016

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.