Home Forums Sport Trivia BREAKING: Celtic Appoint Brendan Rodgers As Manager

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Brendan Rodgers has by appointed manager of Scottish club Celtic on a 12-month contract.

The 43-year-old former Liverpool, Swansea City, Reading and Watford manager takes over following the departure of Ronny Deila.

Rodgers left Anfield in October after more than three years in charge.

“I will give my new role everything I have and do all I can to bring our supporters exciting, entertaining and winning football,” said Rodgers.

“I know what a magnificent support Celtic enjoys and I can promise our fans one thing – that I will be doing everything I can to give you a team that you can be proud of and a team that delivers.”

Deila's two-year tenure ended with Sunday's 7-0 win over Motherwell.

Under the Norwegian, the club won consecutive Premiership titles, taking their run of top-flight crowns to five, with the previous three won under Neil Lennon.

However, they have not reached the group stages of the Champions League since Lennon's time in charge.

Rodgers moved into management with Watford and subsequently had a spell in charge of Reading before leading Swansea City to promotion to the Premier League.

A switch to Liverpool followed and Rodgers came close to the title in 2013-2014, finishing two points behind Manchester City.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.