Home Forums English Premier League Liverpool Fans Benteke Blasts Klopp: I Don’t Understand Him

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Liverpool striker Christian Benteke has expressed his surprise with the limited game time he has been afforded by Jurgen Klopp.

The Belgium international joined in a £32.5 million deal from Aston Villa last July, but after eight goals in 35 appearances, it seems Liverpool are now ready to sell the striker at a loss this summer.

“Some team-mates have said that I was lucky with the arrival of Klopp, because I certainly would play,” Benteke told Sport/Voetbalmagazine.

“When your coach says he wanted to take you to Dortmund and a little later you sit at the same club and he ignores you, it is hard to understand.”

Benteke, who has not started a match since Liverpool’s 2-1 defeat to West Ham in the FA Cup on February 9, has hit back at suggestions that he is not suited to Klopp’s system.

“I do not understand why people say that,” he said.

“I can play pressing and moving a lot. It is not that we play in the Barcelona style.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.