Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2374
      Replies: 103

According to a report from Tz, Bayern Munich had the opportunity to bring in Wolfsburg star and Germany U-21 international Ridle Baku during the 2020 summer transfer window, but ultimately passed on the 22-year-old in favor of another right-back.

Baku joined the Wolves on a €10 million transfer from Mainz 05 in October and has seen his stock soar since that point.

At the time, Baku was allegedly offered to Bayern Munich (likely because it can be assumed the Bavarians could pay more than Wolfsburg), but the club opted to sign Bouna Sarr from Olympique Marseille for €8 million instead.

Baku said that he only found out about the potential of a move to Bayern Munich after the Mainz 05-Wolfsburg transaction was complete.

“I found out afterwards that Bayern were interested in me and that they had thought about getting me,” said Baku.

Per Tz, the choice of Sarr over Baku came down to sporting director Hasan “Brazzo” Salihamidzic. That decision has allegedly caused “those involved at Säbener Strasse to now be very angry about this.”

How factual that information is about any “anger” over failing to land Baku could be considered debatable.

Regardless, Baku has five goals and five assists in 30 games across all competitions for Wolfsburg this season.

Source: BAVARIAN FOOTBALL WORKS

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.