• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      Topics: 33
      Replies: 110

Rio Ferdinand believes that Manchester United supporters cannot be too unhappy with Louis van Gaal's style of play at Old Trafford, but admits he is underwhelmed with the club's midfield options.

Another lifeless United match ended goalless at home to PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League on Wednesday but a point inches the club closer to knock-out stages of the tournament.

Ferdinand believes Van Gaal has merely implemented the tactics that have served him so well throughout his career, and insists the Dutchman can be pleased with how he has improved United overall.

Van Gaal has been backed financially by the board at Old Trafford but Ferdinand is unconvinced by two arrivals in midfield.

France international Morgan Schneiderlin was brought in from Southampton in the summer for £25million, while World Cup-winner Bastian Schweinsteiger arrived from Bayern Munich for £7m.

'If I’m a central midfielder facing Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin, I would not be worried. They pose zero threat,' Ferdinand said.

Van Gaal came into the club with United having laboured to a seventh placed finish under David Moyes, before his early departure left Ryan Giggs in temporary charge.

Source: 
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3336139/Manchester-United-complain-Louis-van-Gaal-s-tactics-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-Morgan-Schneiderlin-pose-zero-threat-says-Rio-Ferdinand.html

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Topics: 3608
      Replies: 244

I really don't think the two are United's problem….

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Topics: 33
      Replies: 110

I really don't think the two are United's problem….

very true. Just fed up of all these hypocritical ex players throwing jibes on former team mate…didn't they have the nerve to say these things then?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.