Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2308
      Replies: 103

Former Liverpool and Newcastle United manager, Rafa Benitez, has made it clear that coaching a topflight club in English is his priority, after leaving Chinese Super League side Dalian Pro.

This is amid speculation that he will replace Jose Mourinho at Tottenham Hotspur.

Benitez left Dalian Pro in January, citing COVID-19 as a factor in his decision.

He was on a bumper contract worth a reported £12million per year at the Chinese club.

“I moved to China because there were no top sides here, so I needed to keep competing and doing my job.

“I’m watching every Premier League game and sometimes Championship games so that I’m always ready. The priority is England, the Premier League, my family is here… I like the style of football here. I’ll try to be ready here,” Benitez, whose home is in Liverpool, told Sky Sports.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 58

Rafa Benitez is no doubt a proven good coach that loves competition.
      If chairman of Tottenham Hotspur, Danny Levy would consider him a replacement for Jose Morinho and would be patience with him, Benitez will do a great job at Spurs.
      Recalling Benitez days at Liverpool, he won the UCL. He was at Newcastle also, although he relegated them and brought them back to the EPL the following season. He knows everything about the EPL , and understand the philosophy of the European competition.
      Taking the job of Tottenham FC would not be a bad adventure for him if the club management will be patience with him and give the necessary support .

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.