Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Yomi
      Keymaster
      Topics: 2346
      Replies: 103

Inter Milan star, Ashley Young has criticized Man United’s decision to sell Romelu Lukaku to Serie A champions.

Young said he ‘couldn’t understand’ Man United’s decision to sell ‘unbelievable’ Lukaku, adding that the Belgium international was right to leave Old Trafford.

The England full-back believes the decision the Red Devils made to part ways with Lukaku was made quickly.

Lukaku scored 42 goals in 96 matches for Man United before being sold to Inter Milan in 2019.

The 27-year-old striker has thrived in Italy, scoring 61 goals in 92 games for Inter and helping the club to win their first Serie A title in 11 years under Antonio Conte.

But Young, who also played for Man United before joining Inter Milan, told Sky Sports: “I said it at the time, I couldn’t understand the decision [to sell Lukaku].

“Whether it was made quickly or not, Romelu has proved a lot of people wrong.

“He’s worked unbelievably hard. There was talk that he was overweight and couldn’t do this or that.

“He’s smashed records and made history in Italy, he’s been unbelievable for the club.

“For me, he was fantastic even in the Premier League, to go out there and face another challenge, I think it was the right choice for him. He deserves all the plaudits he is getting.”

Kunle Fayiga
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 23

Lukaku was right to leave Manchester United. Let’s stop making fuss about it. Conte has been on him for years and he finally got to unite with him and the rest is history. Manchester United was clearly not the place for Lukaku and I’m happy he’s succeeding at Inter Milan.

Michael Scofield
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 27

Lukaku was right to leave Manchester United. Let’s stop making fuss about it. Conte has been on him for years and he finally got to unite with him and the rest is history. Manchester United was clearly not the place for Lukaku and I’m happy he’s succeeding at Inter Milan.

I kinda disagree. The only issue he had at United was lack of trust from coach and fans. Lukaku is the kind of player that thrives when given confidence.

Kunle Fayiga
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 23

I kinda disagree. The only issue he had at United was lack of trust from coach and fans. Lukaku is the kind of player that thrives when given confidence.

Lack of Trust is the more reason why it was right for him to leave. There’s no point staying where you’re not trusted.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.